Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Just a little rant about how amazing, wonderful, sweet, funny, loving, smart, fun, cute, adorable, silly & beautiful our son is. He makes each day so special for us with his simple smiles, sweet giggles & loving looks. I think being a baby is one of the few times in life that one simply smiles just because "you are there." The excited look that he makes when he looks into our eyes is simply amazing. I attribute the feeling in his eyes to the feeling that I felt when I picked up Matt at the Newark Airport, when he returned home from his first ever touring experience. I had never, ever felt such excitement & love by simply looking at one's face. That is the feeling that I feel when I see my son's face & I think that he feels when he sees his Mommy, Daddy & Cameron. It is simply amazing!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Happy Father's Day to Emory's Daddy...and Happy Father's Day to Grandpa Kid, Grandpa, Grampy, Great Grandpa Fleischman & Great Grandpa Clair!
We know that all of Emory's other Great Grandpa's are watching over him keeping him safe, as they do everyday!
Emory has had a very nice Father's Day weekend. Saturday we spent with the Fleischman's & had a bbq. Somehow Grandpa Fleischman managed to not get in any pictures!
Sunday consisted of Daddy sleeping in while Mommy & Cameron made him special french toast & bacon...as they do every year. Then Daddy & Cameron went to the movies, while Mommy & Emory took a walk. Daddy spent some time playing his guitar & playing baseball with Cameron. Lastly, Mommy made him a special dinner! We rounded out the weekend with a Skype call to say hello to & see all of the other Daddies!
We had a great weekend & are very grateful for all of our Daddys & Granddaddies!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Happy 4 month birthday, baby boy! Once again, I can't believe yet another month of your spectacular life has passed by. It has been a very eventful & exciting month for you. Daddy & I crept into your room last night while you were sleeping, just to watch you sleep. It is amazing to look at you & know that you are a product of Mommy & Daddy's love for each other. I still can't believe you are ours & have filled our family with more love than you can imagine.
- As you can see from the pictures, you are getting better at sitting up by yourself. As you can also see, you still fall over! :)
- You LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear yourself talk!
- You are still getting stronger & stronger
- When you are eating & hear something interesting, you turn your head to see what it is...especially when it is Daddy coming into the room!
- You have a fairly regular schedule of bedtime around 7:30, wake up for breakfast at 6:00, back to bed until 8:00, eat & play until 10:00, nap until 11:30, eat & play until 1:30, nap until 3:00 eat & play until 5:00, nap until 6:00, eat & play until 7:30...and do it again!
- You are starting to flirt with strangers...you've managed to make a few strangers days with your bright, beautiful smile
- You need to chub up! We just found out that you aren't gaining weight. We are on top of it & you've already started to gain with a few new tricks!
- We've been stuck inside quite a bit this month b/c of all of the rain, but you still like taking walks, especially in your Baby Bjorn so that you can see everything!
- You like to take walks with our new friends, Kate & Greyson
- You made your television debut! Well, kind of, you were in your stroller & the news man filmed us with Kate & Grey walking at Valley Forge park for the 5:00 weather segment
- You love to watch Layla & she loves to watch you
- You are fabulous at tummy time!
- Your eyes appear to be changing color. We just aren't sure what color yet. Mommy is pulling for green like hers!
- I think I finally can see your hair color...blonde. Someone actually commented on your beautiful blonde hair the other day.
- Our days are filled with smiles & giggles!
- People still comment on how alert & curious you are
- You like Dr. Seuss books
- You love your massages from Mommy
- You still move all over the place in your crib at night & during your naps
- I think your favorite part of the day is when Daddy comes home from work. Your eyes light up when you see him & you've started talking to him as soon as you see him
- You are still fascinated by your big brother & he is so in love with you. You like to stare at his picture on the wall when he isn't here. Mommy thinks that this is so adorable that you recognize his face from a picture
The next month will be quite an adventure for all of us. We need to continue to help you to gain weight, as well as get your cast put on to fix your hip. I am sure all of those hard things will be overshadowed by all of the spectacular things that you will amaze us with each day. You are the most amazing & most beautiful baby that I have ever seen.
PS - Mommy is now crying :)
Friday, June 19, 2009
Our little dude, is officially too little. Essentially he hasn't gained weight since his 2 month appointment. We are doing everything we can to make this better asap! Regardless, he is as happy as can be! From looking at the pictures, he sure does look bigger to us!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Happy to see Mommy after nap time & moments later angry b/c he is hungry!
Smirking to show off his cute dimple
Watching Daddy do the yard work
Hanging out with Layla out front
My computer crashed last Friday & I lost EVERYTHING on my hard drive. Thankfully I backed up my pictures a few weeks ago, so we didn't lose too much.
This week has been a whirl wind. Emory was diagnosed with an ear infection & a possible eye infection last Friday. He is a champ though, b/c he wasn't acting like he was in too much pain.